We will provide professional development hours (PDH) to those applicants and certificants who have successfully completed education (e.g. certificate programs, online courses, workshops) with an assessment component at the end of the program. Topics must be specific to SPHM or SPHM-related.
Acceptable providers include:
- American Nurses’ Association (ANA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Association of Safe Patient Handling Professionals (ASPHP)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- The Back School**
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- UMass Lowell
- Any IACET Accredited Provider: https://www.iacet.org/resources/accredited-providers-list/
**This is a general ergonomics certification program. Therefore, credit will only be provided for the SPHM-related content.
Please refer to Professional Development for more information.